Supporting Art Therapy for Students with Special Needs
August 15 to September 25, 2016
Featuring Artists from London, USA and Asia.
Proceeds to expand the Art Therapy Program at the Jian Hua Autism Rehabilitation Centre in Tianjin, China.
Sponsored by EastWestArtisans.Com (Tianjin) and Patrick J. Maguire (London).
“Building Bridges-Building People Art Expo” has one main goal - to support the establishment and development of Art Therapy Programs for students with special needs. The “2016 Asia Road Show” is specifically targeted to support the Tianjin Jian Hua Center and we hope to roll out more shows in the future to support programs in other regions.
Art therapy is now recognized as one of the most effective tools in building character and confidence in students and adults suffering from autism. Through artistic activities, both mental and emotional growth is encouraged with the ultimate aim of building life skills, addressing problem behaviours and promoting healthy self-expression.
How can you support this worthy project? Three ways you can help……
- Buy some art! 20% of sales revenue on dedicated art works from August 15th to September 25th will go directly to Jian Hua.
- Help us network within your circles to spread the word for both the upcoming events and our crowdfunding campaign.
- Be a Direct Sponsor for the required equipment or cash donations to help us reach our goal. Direct donations to Tianjin Jian Hua and are Tax Deductible. See below for full list of equipment.
Week of August 8: Crowdfunding Campaign Launch – Globally via Social Media
August 16 and 17: Jian Hua Art Activity with the Autistic Students with guest artists Patrick Maguire, Aidong Feng and Klaus Zhang. (Parents and Media Invite Only)
August 20 & 21: EWA Tianjin Art Gallery—Live Artist Demonstration with Wine and Coffee with featured Artists Patrick J. Maguire, Aidong Feng and Klaus Zhang
August 22 to September 3: Special Gallery Exhibitions and Meet the Artist Events with Patrick J. Maguire at the East West Artisans Gallery and Studio in Tianjin
August 28 & September 8: Art & Wine Exhibition and Fundraiser at Allee Bistro, Magnetic Plaza, Tianjin—Open Invitation
Sept. 6 & 7: Jian Hua Art Activity with the Autistic Students with guest artists Patrick Maguire, Klaus Zhang and Aidong Feng (Parents and Media Invite Only)
September 10 to 22: Singapore and Malaysia Art Expo for Autism Support– Venues to be announced
September 24: Building Bridges – Building People Art Expo – First Phase Project End Celebration—Venue TBA
Thanking you for your support – John Davis
2016 Asia Road Show – Target List of items for Fundraiser:
1) Interactive Whiteboard with 8+ Multi-User Touchpoints
2) 20 Multi-Purpose Art Easels
3) Calming / Activity Floor Gel Pads x 12 (USA Import)
4) Calming / Fidget Hand Gel Packs x 10 (USA Import)
5) 8 IPads with Extreme Duty Cases
6) Putty Elements and Gel Wave Pads for hand coordination x 10 (USA Import)
7) Renovations for the interior of the Training Centre and Classrooms
8) New Training Activity tables